Prescott Learning Centre is a student-centered, innovative, digital learning centre that strives to create authentic opportunities for all learners to succeed. Imagination, creativity, innovation, critical thinking, communication, engagement, leadership, empowerment, respect and resiliency are foundational to our school culture. We work to create 21st century learning opportunities for our engaged thinkers and ethical citizens to foster an entrepreneurial spirit.
Grade Level and Student Capacity
Prescott Learning Centre is located in the heart of the Prescott neighbourhood in Spruce Grove. The school can accommodate 800 students enrolled in Kindergarten to Grade 9.
- Prescott Learning Centre serves the collection of neighbourhoods in east Spruce Grove.
- The school is in the Prescott neighbourhood at 340 Pioneer Road.
Unique Features of Our School
- Active, involved School Council
- Prescott Learning Centre Fundraising Foundation
- Strong parent involvement in many settings
- Strong emphasis on using technology to foster 21st century teaching and learning
- BYOD Grades 3-9
- Diverse complementary course program for Grades 6-9
- Middle Years sports teams in volleyball, basketball, running, track & field, and badminton
- Inclusive environment with support staff involved in whole school initiatives
- Music Program for K-6
- Collaborative band program for Grades 7-9 with Greystone and Woodhaven students
How We Define Success for Our Students
We define success in multiple ways at Prescott Learning Centre. Students are at the heart of everything we do, and success for one often looks different than success for another. Success to us is when we see both student progress, and student involvement in co-creating the criteria of academic and social success for each and every student. We believe each and every student has a place in our building. By focusing on the strengths of each and every child, we are able to create engaging and rich learning opportunities for each student.
What We Believe
We believe that respect is at the heart of all that we do. By respecting ourselves, respecting each other, and respecting our space we are working to create a culture that values each and every person in our space. At Prescott, our students' success and well-being always come first!