Family Oriented Program Sessions (FOPS)
A message from Parkland School Division Learning Services:
January 31, 2017 - Family Oriented Program Sessions (FOPS) are sessions for Early Education and Kindergarten students that are planned to support the development of children in addition to their attendance in class, and are to be completed outside of regular classroom time.
FOPS are offered in a variety of ways, including home visits, sessions at your child’s school and group activities throughout the division and community. Most sessions are parent-child interactive, and childcare is available upon request for parent-only information sessions.
FOPS are intended to:
- Increase parent knowledge to support your child’s learning and developmental goals
- Support the goals and objectives of the Individual Program Plan (IPP)
- Promote interactions with your child in new ways
- Provide an opportunity to connect with other families
- Build on family strengths
- Provide you with an opportunity to interact with staff
Some sessions offered may not fit the goals of your child’s IPP, but we encourage you to attend those that are of interest to you or you feel your child could benefit from - you know your child best! Parents can register for any session regardless of the location.
Please see the FOPS for Early Education Students and the FOPS for Kindergarten Students booklets for a detailed list of FOPS sessions planned for February-June 2017. Registration for these sessions opens on January 31. All are FREE to attend, but space is limited, so be sure to register ASAP!
How to Register
- Go to https://psd70earlyed2017.sched.com to register for Early Education sessions or https://psd70kindergarten2017.sched.com to register for Kindergarten sessions. These links will open on Tuesday, January 31.
- Create a Sched profile. If you have previously used Sched for another event or conference, your profile will already be created. Your profile will require:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- In the Bio section, your child's First and Last Name, School, Teacher Name and Grade
- Once your profile has been created, register for sessions by checkmarking your selections.
Please note: Due to space limitations, registration is open only to students in Parkland School Division Early Education and Kindergarten Programs and their parents or caregivers.
For more information contact:
Phone: 780-962-0212 ext. 251