Prescott Learning Centre staff recognize that a variety of programming options are essential to the academic, social and emotional development of our students.
Opportunities Provided to Our Students:
- A friendly, inviting and academically challenging school environment.
- Abundant opportunities to build positive relationships between and among students and staff.
- Communities of learners where groups know each other well, and where learning experiences are interrelated and meaningful.
- An enthusiastic staff that provides programs designed to help students reach their potential.
- An environment that capitalizes on the curiosity and creativity of students and displays student projects, artwork and reports.
- Flexible grouping of students to provide the best learning environment for students of varying abilities, interests and rates of learning.
- Opportunities for participation in sports and interest-centered activities.
- Extensive opportunities for students to explore, experiment, and discover.
- A positive discipline program that guides students in becoming responsible for their own behaviour.
- Social experiences appropriate for the age level.
- Partnership with families and communities.
- A culture that celebrates human diversity and promotes tolerance among students and adults from diverse backgrounds.
- And many more!
Prescott Learning Centre supports extracurricular activities for students. Extracurricular coordination and supervision is done on a voluntary basis and in every case there must be a staff sponsor involved. Activities are available subject to adequate supervision (including the use of trained volunteers) and adequate student interest. Where expenses are incurred, all activities operate on a cost-recovery basis.